If you are selling on marketplaces using one or more connector apps, migrating to Shopify Marketplace Connect is an easy way to consolidate your marketplace operations in your Shopify admin.
- Shopify Marketplace Connect supports selling on eBay, Amazon, Walmart, and Etsy – Avoid using independent apps for each marketplace you sell on.
- Marketplace Connect has multi-currency functionality, with built-in currency conversion, allowing you to sell in any supported region globally whilst retaining a single home currency of your Shopify store.
- Marketplace Connect is native to Shopify – Control your marketplaces from within Shopify instead of being redirected to an external platform.
- Marketplace Connect offers market-leading real-time synchronization – List fast, avoid overselling, and fulfill orders quickly and easily in Shopify.
- Marketplace Connect allows you to use custom metafields to store marketplace-specific catalog data, then map them to your marketplace listings to create a single consolidated catalog for everywhere you sell.
- Marketplace Connect offers 24/7 global support via in-app live chat and email - Ensure you're setup for success on marketplaces.
Making the Switch
Switching to Marketplace Connect is quick and easy, without ending your active marketplace listings.
- Disconnect & uninstall your current connector app - It’s important that only one integration is connected to avoid data conflicts. Be careful not to end active listings before revoking the auth token in your Marketplace account if you want to retain your sales history.
- Install Shopify Marketplace Connect - Wait for the initial sync to complete (this will take a few minutes depending on the size of your catalog). Do not enable any listings in Marketplace Connect at this point – they will be automatically enabled once your existing marketplace listings are linked to your Shopify products.
- Link existing listings - Your Shopify products need to be re-linked to your existing marketplace listings using Marketplace Connect Link Listings Mode in order to retain sales history and migrate listing management to Marketplace Connect. Once linked, Shopify + Marketplace Connect become the ‘System of Record’ for each marketplace listing.
Marketplace Connect will try to match your existing listings in two ways:
- Using SKU codes and product identifiers. This is the highest confidence match. If you are happy with the matches, you can review and approve them quickly in bulk.
- Using title match. Marketplace Connect looks for close title matches, extending the search beyond 'exact match'. Please check for the accuracy of the matches before linking individually or in bulk.
If no match is found you can search for a match manually, or leave the listing unlinked (for example, if you have additional listings on the marketplace for which there are no products in Shopify). In this scenario, you can still opt to import ALL orders from the marketplace to ensure you have a complete view of your operations in Shopify, however, you will be unable to control listing fields such as price, title, or inventory.
Choosing your listing rules (eBay only)
For further assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org