What are listing modes?
The Listing view features three distinct modes for managing marketplace listings, giving the flexibility to list and manage products in a way that’s right for marketplace needs.
Navigating Between Modes
Selection can be made from the 3 listing modes at the top right of the screen, select the marketplace and manage listings.
Single-edit Mode is used for quickly listing or editing single products. Select the connected marketplace to see products, then select a product to manage its listing and offer status, the marketplace fields for that product, and the settings and rules used to create marketplace values.
When to use Single-edit Mode:
- New to a marketplace and want to learn about creating and optimizing listings by listing them one at a time.
- Quick way to make changes or optimizations to an individual product.
- Small product catalogs suited to listing and managing individually.
With Single-edit Mode You Can:
- Search the catalog to select individual products to manage.
- Create and manage listings for products one at a time.
- Edit marketplace listing values by using rules, simple operators, and text input and apply them to individual products.
Managing multiple listings at once to bulk list and manage catalogs from one listing mode.
Create and manage marketplace listings in bulk or in filtered groups across entire product catalogs. The products in Shopify are displayed in individual rows and can be customized by marketplace value fields appearing in the columns to edit those products. Search and filter products, and apply changes to groups of products or all products at once quickly and easily.
When to use Bulk-edit Mode
- A fast and easy way to list the entire Shopify catalog on a marketplace in bulk and start selling sooner.
- To make changes to marketplace values for all products, or filtered groups of products.
- To review all products and their corresponding marketplace listing field values in one place.
- To apply simple rules and operators to marketplace listing fields to create new values and optimize fields such as titles and keywords.
With Bulk-edit Mode You Can:
- Create new marketplace listings or edit existing ones for groups of products or the entire Shopify catalog in bulk.
- Edit marketplace listing values by using rules, simple operators, and text input and apply in bulk.
- Filter your Shopify catalog based on the values in the product catalog and marketplace listing fields.
- Manage products and product variants.
Attribute Mapping Mode lets you define and map attribute fields between your marketplace listings and Shopify catalog, automating field content and using specific marketplace data such as specific listing titles, prices, or descriptions.
A powerful way for marketplace-specific data to manage marketplace integrations, and to implement more advanced integrations.
When to use Attribute Mapping Mode
- Map product identifiers between Shopify and the marketplace for easier listing automation.
- Integration needs that require more advanced configuration.
With Attribute Mapping Mode You Can:
- Create custom eBay Item Specifics that can be mapped to metafields on Shopify.
- Already have the data? (such as UPC/EAN) or specific listing titles or want to use more logic-driven ways to set marketplace variables.
For further assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org